We make no claim to be experts! Viking KAPAP has a study group
Putting together a mixture of my ex Army experience and lessons learned from other parties who include Alex Mair ex Royal Marine Commando and Fraser Christian – Coastal survival school.
Learn what is the best outdoor kit to buy, how to use it and create your own bug out bag if there is an emergency. We do all sorts from foraging for wild mushrooms, learning about learning to manage your micro environment (clothing), start fires in the wet and make camp to keep out the cold.
We visit Scotland as you can legally wild camp, build shelters and learn basic skills like building fires and understanding the different types of knives and their uses as tools.
There’s no practise like the doing!
We throw ourselves in at the deep end to put our knowledge to the test, whilst ensuring that we have back up should we need it! All aspects of survival are covered but it’s more about the journey than wearing animal pelts and sharpening our teeth on rocks, for now.
Survival skills we study
- Clothing, layers, boots and managing our micro environment
- Putting together your own bug out bag
- Shelter building and harbour areas
- Patrolling and security
- Making fires in cold wet conditions
- Building various types of fires
- Learn about different types of knifes and their usage
- Foraging, catching and cooking food
- Improvised first aid
- Unarmed combat training